I have long been fascinated with the story of “The Cloud and the Fire” in Numbers 9:15-23. It is a story of how the Lord guided the Israelites. When the cloud rested upon them, they would not set out of camp, but when it lifted, they would set out.
Learning to look for and rely on directions by God is one of the key elements in the spiritual life - individually and as a community. But how do we do that in a real and practical sense?
This retreat offers a contemplative approach to help us become more open, receptive, and responsive to the Holy Spirit’s wisdom. You will learn three contemplative movements of discernment and how to put them into practice in daily life.
- The practice of seven steps that starts with kenosis - the emptying of self.
- The process of moving from my will to God’s will - and it is a process!
- The prayer of consent to welcome and call forth the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Every movement - and every event - plants something in the soul. Most of these unnumbered seeds perish and are lost because men are not prepared to receive them: for such seeds as these cannot spring up anywhere except in the good soil of freedom, spontaneity and love.
~ Thomas Merton
You will leave with a new understanding of how to RECEIVE God’s gift of guidance. God wants to raise our awareness of the importance of cooperating with him and what he wants to do in our lives. Come learn, grow, and cultivate discernment with us!
- Space is limited to 24 participants.
- Presented by Ann Starrette and others.
- Directions to this private space, Starrette Farm Retreat Center in Statesville, will follow your registration.